Saturday 1 November 2008

who are our friends....................

'The problem isn’t that Christians don’t care about the poor, it’s that they don’t know the poor.'
shane claiborne

since i heard this a few weeks ago, it keeps coming back to me as a regular challenge...these days it seems to me that it has almost become a fashion accessory to care about the poor or should i say to be seen to care...sometimes i ask myself am i part of this cause i really care.... or because i should care ...or because it looks good to care.....how many of the poor are my friends and know me by name and where i live?.............. maybe in this question lies my answer...

i want to be sure i don't want to only follow the latest trend but follow Him in action instead.........

“See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern” (Micah 6:8)

2 comments:

mandy said...

^ Great Quote!

How did I get to your blog? I think you might've been in my referrers or links or something.
:)

11 years in youth ministry? you are a devoted woman! keep it up

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting...yeah..its a quote that really challenges me.......i found your blog a while ago...and love reading it...thats probably how you found me...love ally

pink world of ally.....