Tuesday 9 December 2008

hot cordial...........it works..............

i have had the rotten flu the last few days...so not even been up to blogging...i know shocking............stuart says that i am the worst patient ever.........not sure i agree :-).........well my mum rang me this morning to say that she read in the newspaper that drinking hot fruit cordial helps fight of cold/flu virus .......something my mum used to always give me if i was sick............so stuart nipped to the shop and came back with a bottle of ribena and as i sipped on a cosy mugful.......it was like my childhood comforts came flooding back...................so maybe its not really that it helps medically....but more like it bring us the comfort and safety of childhood memories when we are feeling a little vulnerable and weak....................so for the rest of the day i will be working my way through that cordial bottle......staying cosy under lots of blankets.......and looking forward to feeling me again...........................

No comments:

pink world of ally.....