Wednesday 27 August 2008

who ate my plant....

I went out this evening to check out my wee plants on my deck - and pretend i know what I am doing - when I noticed my new plant that may I mention was thriving a day or two ago looked like an angry hippo chewed it up and spat it out....

i was outraged and saw a big nearby snail and started blaming him for eating my plant....when .. Wait for it.... my gaze fell to a spot on the ground just round the side of the pot and there was the biggest, most seriously overweight SLUG I have ever seen. it makes me shiver thinking about it...... his antlers (wrong name I am sure, but you know what I mean) were I am sure about an inch long....

Such was the greatness of his girth that it even moved Stuart of his perch to take a picture...


Here he is - the camera doesn't do his hugeness justice....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you do with it. Gross! So sad! H

Ally Brown said...

i sent him on a free fall over my back fence - don't worry the leaves cushioned his fall - he even made a thud sound...yuck...:-)

pink world of ally.....