Sunday 13 July 2008

finished my book..................

Finished reading ‘blue like jazz’ a few days ago! Such a great read! I have to say it has been a while since I read something that made me laugh out loud on many occasions and at the same time challenge me to the point of discomfort. For a few nights I had to stop reading it before bedtime as I couldn’t put it down and was reading into the wee small hours (and combined with the light on and me bursting out laughing on occasion, Stuart didn’t appreciate it too much).

What a great writer Don Miller is, he is incredibly honest even sometimes painfully honest! He is so good at putting things into words that I think if a lot of us were honest we have wrestled with or pondered.

I’m still chewing over a lot of it especially the chapter about loneliness…..

I am concerned for the next book I choose to read cause I have been really spoiled and ‘blue like jazz’ may be my new measuring rod for a while to come………….

A:

No comments:

pink world of ally.....