Sunday 20 July 2008

never done learning.......................

Stuart and I have been off for a couple weeks holiday and we are on our last couple of days off! Were does the time go – just when I am getting good at relaxing its time to pick up gear again.

But even when I am on hols I am never off from learning new lessons or being reminded of old ones.

One of the things we like to do when we are holidaying on the north coast of Ireland is play a little golf (not with pom pom funny hats and stripy trousers of anything). When we arrived to play one day the course was packed and me as patient as I am was thinking ‘rats’ we are going to be waiting for ages to tee off! We checked in got our clubs etc and were walking to the tee off spot and just a few steps in front were a family with two little kids all kitted out to play. My instant ‘godly’ reaction was to mutter to Stuart ‘pick up your pace there is no way we are being stuck behind them – it will take forever’ and I quickly adjusted my stride to super walker and passed the family and took our place in front of them in the queue!

All the time I kept shuffling so they would be sure to notice we were first in line! When suddenly I started hearing the still small voice saying ‘it’s so hard for little kids to wait, ‘look how excited they are’ ‘would be so nice to let them go first’. Finally it was our turn to get started and as I stepped forward out of my mouth I hear ‘you guys go first, the kids look excited to get started’. They might I add were as shocked as I was! After some polite discussion they went first, and yes it was slow behind them but it was fun and actually made us go slow enough to drink in the amazing scenery and have fun chatting on the way……………

Just as a reminder to me that it is always good to put others first, the family took time to wave goodbye to us as a thank you before they left and a few days later we were shopping in the local town when all of sudden this guy passed us out of nowhere and said ‘not playing golf today’ it was the family and they had remembered us and taken the time to say hi again!

Taking time to prefer one another really is a blessing and something I need to do much more ………………



No comments:

pink world of ally.....