Friday 5 September 2008

fire starter.........................

Tomorrow morning is a momentous occasion - the chimney sweep is coming to give the chimney its yearly sweep before I can light my first fire. I can't wait; it has to be one of my most favourite things. Its almost like having an old friend back, I love when its all cold and rainy outside (which is just as well) and I am inside snuggled up beside my fire, crackling and dancing away. In Ireland we burn ‘turf’, which is a peat dug from the bogs and it has the loveliest smell that instantly brings me back to my childhood....... when we used to come home to Ireland for visits during the winter months, when we lived in England, it was the first thing I could always smell as I stepped of the plane. It was like the welcome mat had been rolled out!

I think getting to light my open fire again is one of the many reasons why I love autumn so much!

What is one of your favourite things about autumn?


a traditional turf fire - what could be more friendly than that(apart from kittens and puppies etc etc)

No comments:

pink world of ally.....